Tag Archives: error

TFA error after GI upgrade to 19c

Recently I made an Exadata stack upgrade/update to the last 19.2 version (19.2.7.0.0.191012) and I upgraded the GI from 18c to 19c (last 19c version – 19.5.0.0.191015) and after that, TFA does not work.

Since I don’t want to complete execute a TFA clean and reinstallation I tried to find the error and the solution. Here I want to share with you the workaround (since there is no solution yet) that I discovered and used to fix the error.

The environment

The actual environment is:

  • Old Grid Infrastructure: Version 18.6.0.0.190416
  • New Grid Infrastructure: Version 19.5.0.0.191015
  • Exadata domU: Version 19.2.7.0.0.191012 running kernel 4.1.12-124.30.1.el7uek.x86_64

TFA error

After upgrade the GI from 18c to 19c, the TFA does not work. If you try to start it or collect log using it, you can receive errors. In the environment described here, the TFA was running fine with the 18c version, and the rootupgrade script from 18c to 19c does not report an error.

And to be more precise, the TFA upgrade from 18c to 19c called by rootupgrade was ok (according to the log – I will show later). But even after that, the error occurs.

The provided solution as usual (by MOS support): download the lastest TFA and reinstall the actual one. Unfortunately, I not like this approach because can lead to an error during GI upgrade for next releases (like 20) and updates (19.6 as an example).

Click here to read more…

Exadata, workaround for oracka.ko error

Recently I made an Exadata stack upgrade/update to the last 19.2 version (19.2.7.0.0.191012) released in October of 2019, and update the GI to the last 19c version (19.5.0.0.191015) and after that, I hade some issues to create 11G databases.

So, when I try to create an 11G RAC database, the error “File -oracka.ko- was not found” appears and creation fails. Here I want to share with you the workaround (since there is no solution yet) that I discovered and used to bypass the error.

The environment

The actual environment is:

  • Grid Infrastructure: Version 19.5.0.0.191015
  • Exadata domU: Version 19.2.7.0.0.191012 running kernel 4.1.12-124.30.1.el7uek.x86_64
  • 11G Database: Version 11.2.0.4.180717
  • ACFS: Used to store some files

oracka.ko

So, calling dbca:

[DEV-oracle@exsite1c1-]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/dbhome_1/bin/dbca -silent -createDatabase -templateName General_Purpose.dbc -gdbName D11TST19 -adminManaged -sid D11TST19 -sysPassword oracle11 -systemPassword oracle11 -characterSet WE8ISO8859P15 -emConfiguration NONE -storageType ASM -diskGroupName DATAC8 -recoveryGroupName RECOC8 -nodelist exsite1c1,exsite1c2 -sampleSchema false
Copying database files
100% complete
Look at the log file "/u01/app/oracle/cfgtoollogs/dbca/D11TST19/D11TST19.log" for further details.
[DEV-oracle@exsite1c1-]$

Click here to read more…