Recently I posted about the upgrade of AHF/TAF from version 19 to 21 at Exadata and also for ODA. But with version 21 of AHF, some collections are made automatically and this can impact your space usage. Here you can see how to check this and disable/modify some of these.
The automatic collection for AHF/TFA is a feature that generates the diagnostic packages (to send to Oracle) when some specifics errors appear in the database. The collected errors follow some patterns like ORA-0600, ORA-07445, and several others. The basic idea can be seen in the official doc here and in the image below (retried directly from the official doc).
Recently I made a post about how to upgrade the TFA to AHF at Oracle Exadata. For today, the post is about how to upgrade AHF at ODA. The procedure is quite simple, but you need to check where to up it and if everything is up and running.
Quick post for today. Recently needed to upgrade to the last version of Autonomous Health Framework (AHF) from an Exadata running GI 19.5. In this particular case the GI was not even running AHF, but still using the standalone TFA that comes with it. So, here I will show how to upgrade to the last version of AHF and replacing the TFA as well.
Recently I made an Exadata stack upgrade/update to the last 19.2 version (126.96.36.199.0.191012) and I upgraded the GI from 18c to 19c (last 19c version – 188.8.131.52.191015) and after that, TFA does not work.
Since I don’t want to complete execute a TFA clean and reinstallation I tried to find the error and the solution. Here I want to share with you the workaround (since there is no solution yet) that I discovered and used to fix the error.
The actual environment is:
Old Grid Infrastructure: Version 184.108.40.206.190416
New Grid Infrastructure: Version 220.127.116.11.191015
Exadata domU: Version 18.104.22.168.0.191012 running kernel 4.1.12-124.30.1.el7uek.x86_64
After upgrade the GI from 18c to 19c, the TFA does not work. If you try to start it or collect log using it, you can receive errors. In the environment described here, the TFA was running fine with the 18c version, and the rootupgrade script from 18c to 19c does not report an error.
And to be more precise, the TFA upgrade from 18c to 19c called by rootupgrade was ok (according to the log – I will show later). But even after that, the error occurs.
The provided solution as usual (by MOS support): download the lastest TFA and reinstall the actual one. Unfortunately, I not like this approach because can lead to an error during GI upgrade for next releases (like 20) and updates (19.6 as an example).