Last week, at 27/August/2019, ZDLRA team released the new major version 19.2 (126.96.36.199.1) of Recovery Appliance Software. As always, some new features like supported databases, but some downsides too.
The main features for the software side:
- Support for 19c databases.
- Improved way to apply the patch (the rpm installation is not anymore manual).
- Improved way to rollback the patch in some cases.
Other changes that deserve the hint:
- Runs over 19.4 version of GRID and RDBMS.
- Runs over Exadata System Software 188.8.131.52.0 (this means OEL 7) for DB and Storage.
- Updated version for TFA, Exachk, and OEDA; all 19.x version.
About database support, one details that still remains is the lack of support for PDB connection at RMAN. Still needs to do the connection using CDB, and backup PDB from there.
For update, the ZDLRA/Recovery Appliance the only supported path is from RECOVERY APPLIANCE 184.108.40.206.2-201907-30111072. So, you need to upgrade to the last 12.2 version of the library and after upgrade to the 19.2.
The docs were updated too to 192. And you can check here.
Follow my series of articles about ZDLRA here at my blog clicking here.
Disclaimer: “The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent my actual employer positions, strategies or opinions. The information here was edited to be useful for general purpose, specific data and identifications were removed to allow reach the generic audience and to be useful for the community. Post protected by copyright.”